Welcome to the second edition of “R for Data Science”.
- The first part is renamed to “whole game” to reflect the entire data science cycle, including a chapter on data import.
- In the wrangle part highlight improvements to dplyr that make data scientists’ lives even easier, such as new functions for rectangling data, working with list columns, and column-wise and row-wise operations.
- Data import also gains a whole part that goes beyond importing rectangular data to include chapters on working with spreadsheets, databases, and web scraping.
- The iteration chapter gains a new case study on web scraping from multiple pages.
- The modeling part has been removed. For modeling, we recommend using packages from tidymodels and reading Tidy Modeling with R by Max Kuhn and Julia Silge to learn more about them.